Babywearing Wellington is very excited to be bringing the first ever New Zealand Babywearing Noho Marae to Wellington at the end of May.
Starting on Saturday 27 May at 9am, the Noho Marae runs throughout the day, overnight, and into the morning of Sunday 28 May.
The location for the Noho Marae is Tapu Te Ranga Marae, 44 Rhine Street, Island Bay, Wellington.
Powhiri is at 9am Saturday morning. Finish late Sunday morning. We have a weekend full of babywearing fun, presentations, discussions, exercise classes, vendors stalls, etc planned.
A timetable will be available on our Facebook event: NZ Babywearing Noho Marae 2017
Vegetarian meals will be provided. We will cater for gluten free, dairy free, and vegan. There will be some treats with no refined sugar. If you are able to bring some baking to share it would be much appreciated!
What to bring:
- Bedding – bring blankets/sleeping bags. Pillows, pillowcases and sheets are provided.
- Your carriers!
- Gear for kanga/hip hop classes.
- Day registration (includes food) $25
- Day Registration (no food) $15
- Overnight (includes all meals and snacks) $50
- Children 5 and over $15
- Children under 5 free
Registrations can be paid to
03 0543 0269268 000
with your name and phone number for reference
Thank you for registering early! This will help with our planning and catering.
If you have any concerns or needs please get in touch
firstname.lastname@example.org through our Facebook page Babywearing Wellington
BWW may be able to help provide towels/bedding if needed. Transport from the airport may be available.
We are getting excited!
NZ Babywearing Noho Marae 2017 – What’s happening – Update: April 25 2017
- Have your say on the future of Babywearing in Aotearoa, forum discussion lead by Kelsey and Nicola
- Vendor Stalls including demos of a brand new carrier from Island Custom! Watch this space to hear about which other vendors are coming along
- Babywearing Exercise Classes – Kangatraining and Kawe Mums
- Selfies and Image Description workshop with Kelsey
- Handweaving Demo and Chat – have a go! Special guest appearances by Evie from Little Owl Handwovens, Annabel from We Two, and Sam from Skink Room
- Support Zone – consultants, peer support, repairs
- Watch this space for some Aroha deliciousness from Nadia
- Sling Library Leaders Chat
- Pelvic Floor Safety Talk with Sherylee
- Babywearing and attachment with Samantha
- Fostering and Babywearing with Shelley
- Plenty of hanging out, playing with carriers, buy/sell/swap, and lots of good food.
We look forward to seeing you there!
More details will be added soon, in the meantime, you can find out more on our facebook page and event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1649316518427004/